Friday, October 28, 2011

Sooo many things have happened...

Today is my LAST day of being 28...and tommorrow will mark the last year of my 20's...I'm not going to lie...I'm a bit sad about it...where did the time go?

Unfortunately, my "ganny" (grandmother) passed away recently and that put a halt on everything.  I was extremely close to her and I just needed some time to get myself together. She was a Vixen in her own right, she didn't care about the cost of a piece of clothing, if it made her look and feel good, she had to have it. She had been a fan of boutiques since I was a little girl, always stating that she preferred shopping at boutiques because the pieces were more exclusive and my Ganny HAD to stand out, she was a stylish snobby Libra :D .  When I told her that I was opening a boutique she took quite an interest in it, she was proud and excited.  When I recieved my first dress, I ran to her house and tried it on, she loved the piece and gave me honest feedback.  To say I miss her, is an understatement.  I'm still mourning and going through the motions of not being able to have her in my life physically, but sometimes feeling her spirit and the words she left with me is comforting enough.

With that being said, I'm back to it, November aka Scorpio Season (if you couldnt tell, I am a proud Scorp) will be an exciting time for IV.  I've ordered my business cards today, and I am extremely excited, they are extra cute.  Hint: Lace will be the reoccuring theme for IV...

Since its been a while, I wanted to show two things with you guys...firstly, My Ganny...Antrynette J. Seymour...
This is my ganny when she was around my age...as you can see, she was extra fly, this was in the 1950's, lol off the shoulder dress and open toe shoes, does it get any flyer than that for that time-frame? Nails done, hair done, everything did, she was fancy huh????

lol And lastly...my natural hair tutorials...I'm actually relaxed now, but I miss my wild hair...it'll be back one day, anyways, I shared the tutorial with one of my facebook friends, figured I would share with you guys too...

www.youtube.com/afrodisiacfatale
I only did two natural hair tutorials, here is one...my munchkin shows up in this one, so its a little more special to me...I'll probaly do a few relaxed tutorials and show case some of my IV pieces as well on here, hope you enjoy...

I look forward to showing some of the IV pieces that will be coming in November, believe me, they are one of a kind, I'm sooooooo excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment